For International Students affairs:
Phone: (0086-10) 62736704
Chinese Government Scholarship-CAU Graduate Program
China Agricultural University (CAU) warmly welcome international students apply for Chinese Government Scholarship and study at CAU.
I. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarships
- Master’s Degree Students: 2 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Students: 4 academic years
The instruction language could be either Chinese or English. (Please see AttachmentⅠfor available programs). Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese are required to take one year Chinese language course prior to the academic study if their Chinese is not qualified. Only by passing the examinations after the Chinese language course, could they start their academic studies. The one-year Chinese language study is also covered by the scholarship.
II. Criteria and Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must:
-be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health,
-be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s degree programs,
-be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral degree programs,
This program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China When applying for this scholarship.
III Scholarship Coverage
This is a full scholarship which covers
Please refer to http://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74776.html for detailed information. International travel cost will be burned by the applicant.
IV Application Procedure
Log on the web of China Scholarship Council (CSC) http://www.campuschina.org and register to fill in and print the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship after submitting it online. Please submit the form again if you made any changes on it. (Type: Chinese Government Scholarship, Agency No.: 10019，
Program Type B) Applicants should send or mail the following required materials to CAU International Students Office before March 5th.
Applicants check the application process and the result through the account in CSC or CAU (Phone inquiries are not accepted).
You can check V, Application Documents for a detailed checklist.
V. Application Materials (Please prepare as the list below. Electronic or fax copies are not accepted or returned. All the materials as well as application fee will not be returned.)
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in DUPLICATE)
Log on the web of CSC http://laihua.csc.edu.cn and register to fill in, print and sign the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship after submitting it online. (The agency No. of China Agricultural University is 10019.)
2) CAU Application Form for International Students(Apply on http://apply.cau.edu.cn)
3) Two Recommendation Letters
Submit two original recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English), with signature on it.
4) Personal Statement
5) Originals and a copy of Highest Diploma(in DUPLICATE) and Academic Transcripts
v Applicants for master’s program must submit original or notarized photocopies of bachelor’s transcripts, graduation and degree certificate (Chinese or English).
v Applicants for doctoral program must submit original or notarized photocopies of Master’s transcripts, degree certificate (Chinese or English) and Chinese Abstract of Master dissertation.
*Applicants who will graduate must submit Expectation Certificate of Graduation. After admitted by the University, the documents must be submitted when register in CAU. Otherwise the admission will be canceled.
*Applicants who have ever worked , need to submit the original working certificate.
6) HSK Report or other Chinese Language Certificate copy (if you have)
7) A study or research plan written in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words)
8) Photocopy of Passport First Page(valid and ordinary passport)
9) Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable)
10) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (available at http://www.csc.edu.cn/uploads/forms/foreinphy.pdf) (provided by Chinese quarantine authority. Applicants are expected to keep the original copies to apply entry to China) filled in English or Chinese. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
11) The application fee is RMB400.
VI. Languages of Instructions and Teaching
Although most of the CAU professors and Supervisors can communicate in English, at the moment, most of the main courses are still instructed in Chinese. Thus the applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take Remedial Chinese language courses for 1 year in China before their major studies. The Chinese language study is also covered by the scholarship. If students take one-year Chinese language course, the duration of the scholarship will be extended for one year.
So far we have four graduate programs delivered in English: Rural Development and Management, Agricultural Engineering, Agronomy (Including Crop Cultivation and Farming System, Crop Genetics and Breeding, Seed Science and Technology, Pomology, Vegetable, Ornamental Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Agricultural Entomology and Control of Insect Pests, Plant Quarantine and Ecosystem Health), Agricultural Economic and Management.
VII Admission and Enrollment
1) China Agricultural University (CAU) will organize professional experts to review materials of applicants, which will be reported to the Chinese Government Scholarships Council(CSC) for approval. CAU will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) to successful applicants then.
2) Accepted Students must register on time according to CAU’s requirements. Those who are not on time with no reasons will be canceled of CSC Scholarship as well as admission of CAU.
3) Those who have unqualified Physical Examination will be canceled of CSC Scholarship as well as admission of CAU.
4) According to the regulations from CSC, scholarship students will take annual evaluation organized by the host University. Those who pass the evaluation could have the opportunity for next year’s scholarship.
VIII. Contact Information
International Office China Agricultural University
Mail: Room 412 Main Building No.17 Qinghua Donglu，Haidian District, Beijing, 100083, P.R.CHINA
Phone: +86 10 62736704
Fax: +86 10 6273 7704
Programs available for CGS-CAU
Duration:2 Years for Master programs and 4 Years for PhD programs
Language: Chinese (Majors with ※ can be taught in English)
Agronomy and Biotechnology
Crop Cultivation and Farming System ※
Crop Genetics and Breeding ※
Seed Science and Technology ※
Agricultural Entomology and Pest Control ※
Plant Pathology ※
Plant Quarantine and Ecological Health ※
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Animal Science and Technology
Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction
Animal Nutrition and Feed Science
Basic Veterinary Medicine
Clinic Veterinary Medicine
Preventive Veterinary Medicine
Food Science and Nutritional Engineering
Cereals, Oils and Vegetable Protein Engineering
Nutrition and Food Safety
Processing and Storage of Agricultural Products
Resources and Environmental Sciences
Land-use and Geo-informatics Technology
Information and Electrical Engineering
Agricultural Electrification and Automation
Agricultural Mechanization Engineering
Agricultural Engineering ※
Water Conservancy and Civil Engineering
Agricultural Water-Soil Engineering
Agricultural Bio-environment and Energy Engineering