Qiang Cao, PHD student from CAU, won the
View More
Qiang Cao, PHD student from CAulture3
View More

Apply Time:For CSC Scholarship Programs:from January 1 to March 30;For other programs: from March 1 to April 30.Applicants must fill in real,correct,complete and valid information on the online system.The applicant should bear all consequences and responsibilities should there be any wrong,missing,false or invalid information that affects the admission and enrollment.APPLY NOW

contact us

For International Students affairs:

Phone: (0086-10) 62737815

E-mail: cauie@cau.edu.cn

Plan a trip to CAU

a)   Visa Application

You may apply for your Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your home country. When applying for your visa, please remember to bring along with you your valid passport, the original copy of the university's admission notification and a Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as the JW201/JW202 form).

There are two types of visas for study purpose:X1 type visasare usually issued to the students planning to study for over 180 days;X2 type visasare usually issued to the students planning to study for less than 180 days.

Do make sure that your letter of admission and JW202 form are handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for Residence Permit after your arrival in Beijing.
International Students who will be studying in China for more than 6 months are required to obtain an ‘X1' Visa.   

Important Notice:

(1)The‘X1’ Visa will is only valid for 30 days after your arrival. You must apply for a Residence Permit within these 30 days;you would be otherwise considered staying illegally and heavily fined. 
(2) According to Chinese law and regulations, students with visa-free access cannot get any other valid visa within mainland China. PLEASE apply for X1/X2/L visa before you come to China.
It is not advisable to arrive way before the day of registration since you will not be able to apply for a Residence Permit prior to registration.

'X1' Visa Sample

Students who will be studying in China for less than 6 months may apply for an ‘X2' Visa.

‘X2' Visa Sample

Students who plan to come to China one month before the day of registration may apply for a tourist visa, known as ‘L' Visa.

Tourist Visa/ ‘L' Visa Sample

For information regarding the location and the contacts of the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country, please visit the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs at http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/

b)   Housing Arrangements/ Accommodations

On-campus Accommodation

ONLY FOR China Scholarship International Students

China Agricultural University will arrange your accommodation once you have enrolled, therefore you don't have to worry about it. Relevant personnel will connect you when it is time.

Off-campus Accommodation

Because of the limited dormitory, China Agricultural University will consideron-campus dormitory for self-supporting students if there are vacant places. If not, self-supporting students have to find the resident place outside of campus.

c)   Finances

Foreign Currency Exchange

There are several banks near China Agricultural University where you can set up a bank account after you have arrived in Beijing. If you are planning to convert foreign currencies into RMB, the banks in Beijing accept the foreign currencies of: Pound Sterling, Hong Kong Dollar, American Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, etc.

Bank of China:http://www.boc.cn/

Traveler's Checks

Many banks in Beijing accept American Dollar Traveler's Checks; however, it takes more than 40 working days to process the checks.

Telegraphic Transfer

If you are planning to wire-transfer funds/money to your Beijing bank account, do prepare some “on-hand” cash to cover the expenses needed for short-term housing, meals, etc. To be on a safe side, we recommend students you to carry the amount (of cash) that is enough to cover your monthly living expenses as it takes several working days for the money-transfer to be completed.

Our estimation for the average cost of living per month in Beijing is 6,000 RMB (housing, food and transportation included).


There are limitations to the cash you could draw daily with your credit card. Please confirm with your bank before you leave how much you could draw daily in China.

d)   What to Bring

Do make sure that you keep at least 2 photocopies of your important documents. You should consider having your important documents, such as medical prescriptions and marriage certificates(if necessary), translated into Mandarin before leaving your country.   
Below is theCHECKLISTof important documents that you must carry with you to Beijing.

•Valid Passport

•Admission Notice(Signed by yourself)

•Visa Application for Study in China(Signed by yourself)

•Notice of Arrival, Registration and Additional Conditions for China Scholarship International Students Enrolled by China Agricultural University

•Physical examination Record and blood test report

•Registration Form of Temporary Residence

•Three copies of 2-inch Photo

•Visa fee 500 RMB per year

•Original Highest Education Certificate
You may also consider bringing these documents with you if you deem them necessary:
•School transcripts
•Personal bank statement
•Reference/Recommendation letters

e)   Packing for Your Trip

Travel light. Most daily necessities can be easily purchased in convenience stores, supermarkets and shopping malls in Beijing. We recommend that you purchase your daily necessities (such as paper folders, cooking utensils, mirrors, etc.) in Beijing after you have settled in, as you will then have a better idea of what you actually need.
If possible, do consider packing with you a towel and a set of sheets from home. You might need them to“settle-down”with on the day you arrive in Beijing.
We strongly suggest that you bring along the things that will make you feel at home, such as posters, photos and cultural items from your country. These mementos from home may help you feel comfortable in Beijing and also minimize cultural shocks as well as homesickness.